Unisa Diploma In Accounting Science
Purpose of the diploma
The purpose of the Unisa diploma in accounting is to provide learners with intellectual enrichment in the field of accounting sciences. Provide learners with an advanced understanding of current thinking, theory and methodology in the field of accounting sciences.
Give those learners with Bachelor’s Degrees in Accounting Sciences, but not accredited by Professional Accounting Bodies, or those with Diplomas in Accounting Sciences, or equivalent, the opportunity to proceed to Postgraduate studies accredited by such Professional Bodies.
The Advanced Diploma: Accounting Sciences is for learners whose Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree is not accredited by the Professional Body of their choice, to gain access to recognised Postgraduate qualifications. Learners with either a Diploma: Accounting Sciences or its equivalent, or a non-accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or in Accounting, may use this qualification as a vehicle to obtain the required admission to the institution’s Postgraduate programmes.
Learning Assumed and RPL
- Learners who register for this qualification: Have good reading and writing skills at the required NQF Level.
- Are able to analyse and respond to a variety of texts.
- Are able to learn independently in an Open and Distance Learning context (ODL) with minimum support.
- Have a detailed knowledge, specific skills and applied competencies in the disciplines of Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Auditing and Taxation.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
This qualification can be achieved wholly or in part through Recognition of Prior Learning.
Evidence may be presented in a variety of forms, including international or previous local qualifications, reports, testimonials mentioning functions performed, work records, portfolios, videos of practice and performance records.
All such evidence should be judged according to the general principle of assessment. Unisa lecturers will act as assessors for RPL purposes.
Access to Qualification:
- A Diploma: Accounting Sciences.
- Recognition of Prior Learning.
The syllabus includes:
- Management Accounting.
- Commercial and Company Law
For details on Unisa diploma in accounting please click here
Older postNewer post